Friday, February 3, 2012

Because Naked Isn't A Good Look For Everyone.

I'm not one to go clothes shopping every weekend or every month. I only shop for what I need or to replace what my growing ass ripped that week. Here are some simple ways that can help you save money on clothing:

*Ask for gift cards on your birthday and Christmas.
These are 2 opportunities to really help with your clothing cost. If somebody ask you what you would like for your birthday or Christmas, just say "Gift card, please!"

* Shop alone.
You're more inclined to buy more if somebody is with you. Somebody telling you you look good in something increases your risk of over spending. Keep telling yourself you're not as cute as you think you are and that their just being nice. Works better than a friggin coupon.

*Need a fancy dress? Rent it!
Rent the Runway! No, seriously. You can! Rent the Runway is a website where you can rent a dress for special occasions. I personally haven't used this website yet, but itching try it! I wouldn't recommend renting a dress from this site just for a date or church, because the renting cost could buy you a nice dress. I talkin' black tie events, proms and weddings. That's when you buy a pricey dress, never wear it again and have it take up room in your closet. Here, you can rent a $300 dress for $60. That's-a-nice! If nothing on this site floats your boat, there are many other sites like it. Just Google "rent a dress".

*Use cash only!
And don't sign-up for store credit cards either! Have you seen the interest those bad boys carry? Lord help you if you miss a payment. You'll be buying those clothes twice! Using a credit card is always bad news. I, personally, am trying my best not use credit cards anymore. I find I spend a hell of a lot less when I just pay with cash.

*Sign up for store e-mails.
Yes, they may spam you to death about every single sale, but sometimes there are coupons in these e-mails. Just be careful of "You must spend X amount to get Y% off" coupons. You normally end up spending more than you should. If you're doing back to school shopping, where you are going to be buying a lot, yes, use it!

*Got a bun in the oven?
Babies are not cheap. Thankfully, some of their clothing is! Start hitting the garage sales! Now I know what you're thinking, "Eww! I'm not going to let MY baby wear somebody else's hand me downs!"
Shush you! That baby will be growing quicker than it can poop it's diaper. Most of these hand me downs are barely wore. Just use common sense when looking at used baby stuff. If it looks questionable, don't buy it. Also ask family, friends and neighbors if they know anybody whose looking to get rid of some baby clothes. There's always at least one.

*Buy in the off season.
This is a big saver for me. I buy my winter clothing in the spring and summer clothing in the fall.
I've picked up several items under $10 doing this. Problem is, that it is slim pickin's by the end of the season. Nothing really catches your eye. I've found if you pick a couple of items you "sorta-kinda" like and try them on. They actually look good on you.

Then I revert back to my old ways and leave the store disappointed and empty handed... Ugh, I hate shopping.







No comments:

Post a Comment